Tai Woo Pearl Holdings Company Limited
(“Tai Woo Pearl”)
Tai Woo Pearl is committed to protecting the privacy and security of the Personal Data (as defined hereunder) provided by our customers of the Site. This Policy sets out the measures adopted by Tai Woo Pearl in the collection and use of the Personal Data in compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap. 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong.
Please read this Policy carefully. By accessing or browsing the Site, viewing or obtaining information therefrom, or by using the Services, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to abide by the terms and conditions set out in this Policy.
The following terms shall have the respective meanings specified below unless the context otherwise requires:-
- “Services” means the services provided by Tai Woo Pearl to customers of the Site including without limitation (i) provision of information related to jewelry design either through the Site or otherwise; (ii) retail and tailor made services for jewelries and other related products; (iii) consultancy services relating to jewelry design; (iv) circulation of promotional information and/or information of related services; and (v) provision of after-sale and maintenance services to customers of Tai Woo Pearl’s products aforementioned. Tai Woo Pearl reserves the right to make changes to the scope and contents of the Services from time to time upon appropriate notice
- “Site” means the website www.taiwoopearl.online developed, owned and/or operated by Tai Woo Pearl and/or its affiliate(s).
- Collection of Personal Data and the Purposes
Tai Woo Pearl may collect personal information of the customers of the Site such as residential address, email address, phone number, date of birth, gender and other personally identifiable information (collectively referred to herein as the “Personal Data”) for the following purposes (collectively, the “Purposes”): –
- provision of the Services to the customers of the Site;
- communications with the customers of the Site;
- confirmation of orders from the customers;
- handling of enquiries, requests and complaints from the customers of the Site;
- circulation of direct marketing and advertising materials of promotions, campaigns and/or other related services, provided by Tai Woo Pearl to the customers of the Site; and
- prevention of crime and compliance with relevant laws of Hong Kong.
Failure on the part of the customer to provide the relevant Personal Data as required may result in Tai Woo Pearl being unable to provide the Services or any part thereof to the customer. If Tai Woo Pearl wants to use a customer’s Personal Data for any purpose other than those set out above, Tai Woo Pearl will inform such customer of such purpose and obtain his/her prior consent in writing before any such use.
- Storage and Processing of Personal Data
All Personal Data collected from customers will be held by Tai Woo Pearl in strict confidence. Only authorized staff will be permitted to view, use and/or edit the Personal Data on a “need-to-know” basis. No disclosure will be made by Tai Woo Pearl to any third parties without customers ’prior consent in writing. A customer having placed and confirmed an order with Tai Woo Pearl will receive an order number printed on the receipt issued by Tai Woo Pearl. The customer shall keep the order receipt in safe custody and shall not share the same with any third party to avoid any leakage of his/her Personal Data. Tai Woo Pearl will maintain confidentiality and security of the Personal Data in the course of storage and processing; however, Tai Woo Pearl shall not be liable for the leakage of the Personal Data for reasons not attributable to Tai Woo Pearl, its affiliate(s), directors, officers, employees, agents and/or assigns.
- Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
Subject to the provisions stipulated under this Policy, Tai Woo Pearl may disclose and/or transfer the Personal Data to the following parties under the circumstances which are set out below:
- Tai Woo Pearl’s directors, officers, employees, representatives or agents, on a “need-to-know” basis in carrying out the Purposes, provided that they shall abide by the confidentiality obligation contained herein; and
- any competent authorities in Hong Kong or other jurisdictions in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation court orders and other court proceedings.
- Direct Marketing
Tai Woo Pearl may from time to time circulate or distribute newsletters, marketing and advertising materials related to the Services by using customers’ Personal Data for direct marketing purpose. We will obtain customers’ consent in writing before the circulation or distribution of the said materials (consent may be by an indication of “no objection” by the customer).
If you do not want to receive any marketing materials from us, you may in any time opt-out free-of-charge by choosing the “unsubscribe link” contained in the direct marketing materials received.
- Third Party Websites
This Policy applies to customers ’activities on the Site only and confers no protection to the customers’ Personal Data when he/she leaves the Site for any third party website which is not maintained or operated by Tai Woo Pearl. The customers acknowledge that third party websites may have their own privacy policies and customers shall carefully review such privacy policies before divulging any personal information on such websites. In any event, Tai Woo Pearl is not responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the customers resulting from their visits to any third party websites.
- Payment Gateways
If you choose Paypal or any other payment gateway make available on Tai Woo Pearl’s website, they have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, Tai Woo Pearl recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
- Third Party Service
Any third-party provider used by Tai Woo Pearl will collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to Tai Woo Pearl.
- Changes to this Policy
If Tai Woo Pearl’s store is acquired or merged with another company your information may be transferred to the new owners so that may continue to sell products to you.
- Access and Correction of Personal Data
Each customer shall have the right to access and make corrections to the Personal Data provided by such customer to and held by Tai Woo Pearl. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact Tai Woo Pearl anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org by e-mail. Tai Woo Pearl may charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.